- 1 Qt Oil. Cummins recommends 15W-40, but a high quality 10W-30 should work fine.
- Seachoice 32 oz Gear Lube Oil Pump - this fits conveniently in the quart oil bottle
- Teflon Pipe Thead Tape - found in plumbing
- FloTool Heavy Duty Oil, Lube and Drain Pan, 7qt - or equivalent
- Socket wrench set, although all I used was 9/16"
- Car ramps to get extra clearance underneath
- Wire brush to clean drain plug
- Remove drain plug, catching oil in pan, wait about 10 minutes for it to drain out
- Clean drain plug of any gunk or previous tape, then reinstall
- Insert oil pump into oil container, remove dipstick and insert oil tube in stick hole
- Pump 24 oz of oil into engine (stop when oil level is at 12 oz remaining)
- Reinsert dipstick and run generator under load for a few minutes
- Check oil level on dipstick.
- Cleanup and dispose of oil properly.